There are infinitely many possibilities on which a person may have suffered an injury.
Stabbing, shooting, beating, falling and self-mutilation are just some examples. IFS has researched injury interpretation for several years and is affiliated with internationally recognized experts in the field of wound interpretation.
An IFS investigation can focus on questions such as:
- The nature/distribution of injuries;
- The degree of force used in inflicting the injuries;
- The presence or absence of defensive wounds;
- The object used to inflict the injuries;
- The possibility that the inflicted injuries were caused by a left-handed or right-handed perpetrator.